Deadly Viper Assassination Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're called deadly for a reason.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New server host or old?

Go down 
+5
Bob
Ratchet
Tim
Skrelox
$uperMaN
9 posters
AuthorMessage
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

New server host or old? Empty
PostSubject: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 2:12 am

Hello guys. We want to know what you guys prefer. Do you want the new server host or the old one? We need to know so we can make a decision. Please make sure to play on both and see what you think.
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

Skrelox

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:27 am

Certainly not the new host, if I must choose then the old one has less lags.
Back to top Go down
Tim

Tim

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 12:59 pm

I don't play enough to be of good judgement, but my ping is better on the old & after playing on each for a couple mins right now I seem to get 1 sec CI's on the new one from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Ratchet

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Why aren't there other choices? It's told already in another topic: the new server is lagging sometimes. 
And we also know that the old server has its lag pariods... It isn't that laggy nowdays, but it was really laggy 2 weeks ago and also some months ago...so there is nothing what promises us that the old server won't lag again. Remember why we even bought a new promod server...
Back to top Go down
Bob

Bob

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:58 pm

We should definitely keep the old one.
Back to top Go down
Skrelox

Skrelox

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyThu May 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Ratchet/Kane wrote:
Why aren't there other choices? It's told already in another topic: the new server is lagging sometimes. 
And we also know that the old server has its lag pariods... It isn't that laggy nowdays, but it was really laggy 2 weeks ago and also some months ago...so there is nothing what promises us that the old server won't lag again. Remember why we even bought a new promod server...

Ratchet has a point, maybe we should try another server with another host.
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 11:00 am

The both servers lag way too much. I'd say we keep on searching for a reliable server host(s). Suggestions are always welcome.

My suggestion would be YCN-hosting, they're quite expensive but I don't recall hearing anything bad about them.
Back to top Go down
Rocker

Rocker

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptySun May 04, 2014 12:13 am

YCN doesn't excist anymore.....we had a server and money on their account.
Back to top Go down
https://dvas-forum.forumotion.com
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptySun May 04, 2014 8:38 am

Ah... Well then, any suggestions?

Edit: anyone heard of Multiplay? Was the only promising I found after some 5 minutes of searching. 0.49 € per slot (20% discount with yearly payment), European servers located in Milan, Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Paris and Stockholm. We could give it a try for a couple of weeks?
Back to top Go down
Rocker

Rocker

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptySun May 04, 2014 6:47 pm

just had a little chat with the new host. he claims that the lagspikes of our new promod is due to the fact that our mod isn't right installed. so all he needs is a proper modpack , he can install it or someone of us can do that. i think we should give these guys a chance, but if we drop the gtx server we need a ts3 server as well since they are connected.
if this doessn't work, i would sujest we go to i3D host. seems like a good host.
http://www.i3d.nl/gaming/
so if anyone hear ryan tell him i need him to talk with chillax, our new host. they both can fix this problem on the new server.
Back to top Go down
x Legion

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:16 pm

1. Ratchet, your topic isn't fair... I do some of the things you described in your signature, but I don't consider myself better than any one of you, nor do I say lower skill players are lucky... >_<

2. If that's a freaking Mod configuration that's making it lag, I'll go and hang myself.  What the hell is the mod going to do to make it jump up to 500 latency at random intervals?  Sure, let them try to change the mod files and put a fresh one in.  But I bet within a week, it'll still be having the same issue.
Back to top Go down
Rocker

Rocker

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:59 pm

kk so i just had a little chat with the new host.
we need to know if we should go further with him or find a new host....so get your asses on the new promod server and let me know if it still lags
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:28 am

It is much better than before but still having some lagspikes.
Back to top Go down
Yuvanth

Yuvanth

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyTue May 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Are our servers hosted from belgium?
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? EmptyTue May 13, 2014 3:33 pm

I fail to see how that would be relevant, but no. The GTX servers are in the UK and the new promod is in Germany.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New server host or old?   New server host or old? Empty

Back to top Go down

New server host or old?
Page 1 of 1