Deadly Viper Assassination Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're called deadly for a reason.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

server rules

Go down 
+6
HiRMU
$uperMaN
x Legion
datis
Ratchet
Rocker
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocker

Rocker

server rules Empty
PostSubject: server rules   server rules EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:36 pm

IT'S A MIRACLE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation the last 3 weeks ppl are actually playing on our s&d and sab again! untill now we are not using rules anymore but we might have to think about it!
to many rules are scaring ppl away as we saw in the past. maybe something like : no marty/last stand/ tubes and english only. idk just saying something.
also some one should look up how much that B3 thing cost a server. this would let our admins do their thing and it will kick automaticly ppl who break the server rules. i know we once had it on our server but it was bloodrain who installed it! maybe a job for a guy who allways ask me if he can do something for the clan ( cough cough superman); just let me know how it works and how much it cost.  if you have any idea's write it here!
Back to top Go down
https://dvas-forum.forumotion.com
Ratchet

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 pm

The English only rule shouldn't take place in my opinion. My reason is because on 1.6 are many polish players and we might get less visitors on our servers. People also feel treated unfairly when members are allowed and regular players cannot speak their languages.
Back to top Go down
datis

datis

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:52 pm

I have no problem with people making remarks about something a couple of times in other languages, but the ingame chat should mainly occur in english. 

Moderating the chat would be practically impossible unless you understand Polish, French, Finnish etc. 

The language rule isn't meant to discriminate, even though it might seem so for some. It has served us well in the past, and I think it will continue to do so.
Besides there's always some ingame IM-software you can use if you want to all-chat using other languages. 

On topic:
I completely agree with Rocker about having less rules on the servers. Basic rules will suffice, and we can still take action if someone is bending the rules. 
This should help getting our numbers back up, especially if you get B3.
Back to top Go down
x Legion

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 am

Just throwing this in there - The player who used to be known as "Klueless" contacted me on xfire and also offered to host our server with B3 as part of the package.

I don't think it would ever be a good idea to trust this from someone who hasn't had a good history with us or other clans, but if you can find proof that they're trust worthy, then it might be worth trying if the price is right. (By this I mean offers from other people (e.g. Morning Star, who also offer server hosting). [Note: They go through GTXgaming, who go through someone else... So probably not the best idea].
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:33 am

First off, I like the rules idea, but why should we get b3 on a server when we  have RCON? Seems like too much money/time into programming it, and many times it glitches out. Also, don't listen to what Klue says. He scams everyone and just tries to troll people. I'm sure that if we were to get b3, we would be better off finding it by ourselves.
Back to top Go down
x Legion

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:56 am

Which is basically the reason why I posted that...
Back to top Go down
HiRMU

HiRMU

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 4:25 pm

xullux using noobtube :bs
old rules back as they were.
personally i dont care 'bout english only rule on pubservers.
b3 : no ty, since our servers aint that popular that we couldnt handle them ourself,
now that we have more admins than never before. also, we had so much problems with
it in the past.
Back to top Go down
Free
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:29 pm

The only rule I want is "Only English on DVAS server"; EVEN for members! Before we get new rules, we should let people play as want, you know, don't scare themwith so much rules, so more people will come and after... KIIIIIICK rules breakers Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocker

Rocker

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 pm

the "english only" rule was there when other clans started to recrute on DVAS servers and start making fun of members.  if you come online these days it's hard to find an admin who cares. that's why i would suggest b3, not that i want it, it's just an idea.
all weapons and perks works for me just as well , i just want it to be clear for every one , that's all.
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:31 am

How about this. Let us make the servers more popular then we'll see what people seem to enjoy and what may work. Now this means that we need to get people on our servers, and not go inactive. Play,play,play and our servers will be popular. Sure, there are times when there's noone on the server. Still, go on the server and screw around for at least 10 minutes. Then after that if noone comes, leave and try again later. Once we start to do this, b3 will eventually be something we "Need".
Back to top Go down
fUZE

fUZE

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:28 am

I was on Snd earlier and n one was there 1 joined, and 5 mins later people joined so there were like 10 peeps.. so yeah you dont have to wait long
Back to top Go down
MagicznySut

MagicznySut

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:55 pm

I spent a couple hours playing today,
I am not sure that we need a b3. There is no people on our servers, so maybe we should to wait.

First at all, language. I asked a few (polish) players today about a language on our servers, they had nothing against the rule 'english only', but they were still talking in polish Very Happy
I think this rule shouldn't be removed, or changed. Talking with a member or talking to another random guy (e.g. who breaks rules and he doesn't speak english ) in your mother tongue lets you avoid any misunderstandings
If non-member disagrees with this, he can always join to us, and speaks in his language.

About the rules on hc. Well, probably this is more complicated.

Sabotage. Claymore should be prohibited. I think it makes game slow, it lets people to get a strong position in some place. After that, the guy using claymore is called "Camper noob". Usually it's a true.. Very Happy So camping is the biggest problem, makes a lot people angry
Some of ppl are mad if someone uses a marty or tube, they complain, but that's all, no one leaves, so all weapons can be acceptable.

Anyway, in SnD should be more prohibited things than Sabotage. First, camping at attack. No one likes waiting for the guy who is sitting in the dark corner near stairs and fapping for 2 minutes every round. Weapons and other stuff like in the promod. Well, i don't know how people like to play on the HC snd nowadays, so my point of view is more based on playing on the promod than the experiences with snd hardcore style.

I think we can divide people into 2 groups. First group can play without any rules(all weapons, ls, marty etc allowed). They just enjoy this kind of playing. The second group with people who play on the servers with prohibited stuff like p90, ls, marty etc. This is huge group of people, but if someone from these guys goes to another server and he sees a tube or something like that, he just leaves the server. I used to play on the servers which most of things weren't allowed, but since i got banned almost everywhere, i am forced to play on the servers like TUD(great serverr, one of the few i am able to play ). So we need to know, which group of people we want on our servers.
I think it's hard to urge someone to playing on the server with the things which he doesn't like. Even if we let them play without rules, they will play until we change these rules. After this change, they stop to play on our server. In my opinion it's hard to change someone's habits.
For example, our server was quite popular, so we added new maps, after that, people stopped to playing on the server. As i said,  people don't like change their habits. So we should to choose one way, and if it will work, dont change that

As has been said a few times, the most important things to get more people is just a playing on the server,  changing the rules or adding a b3 is less important Razz Well, and another, be nice ! If someone kills you, please, dont say he is a noob, hes lucky or whatever. Be nice.

And I don't think admins don't care, they are just busy.

And about the sabotage server. I tried to be a nice admin today ! I spend a lot of time with computer, so i wanted to keep an eye on the players, but even if someone was camping, I could not see that. I mean, its possible to watch a guy , but i need to change team, so he sees that i watch him. Can someone do something with this ?Razz
Back to top Go down
Rocker

Rocker

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 pm

how about this: no b3 for the moment, english only , for the 2 servers: all weapons and perks allowed and play the objective, and no team switching  when losing  ?
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:13 am

Sounds like a plan Cocker!
Back to top Go down
datis

datis

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:20 am

So we're allowing launchers and fragmayhem, but we're not allowing teamswitching? Very Happy 

That's sort of a crime..! Oh well, let's see where it gets us!
Back to top Go down
fUZE

fUZE

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 4:03 am

We need b3 now, thats the reason people arn't playing on our servers.... i think put b3 up for a week and if ppl still don't play take it off.
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:59 pm

First off fuze, in what way is b3 the reason people aren't playing on the server? If you don't know what b3 is, it's a program that allows admins to change maps faster, kick people faster, etc. Other people probably don't really care much for b3..
Back to top Go down
Nisshin

Nisshin

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Well for one thing you could throw a grenade at your spawn and switch teams, when it explodes, that would count as a kill. So of course no team switching, even when you have a crappy team. You're stuck with me!!!Muahaha
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/Anhtu.Dak.To
fUZE

fUZE

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Superman wrote:
First off fuze, in what way is b3 the reason people aren't playing on the server? If you don't know what b3 is, it's a program that allows admins to change maps faster, kick people faster, etc. Other people probably don't really care much for b3..
First of all superman, It will make people play more cus every b3 sever i went on was nearly full. Coincidence? maybe, maybe not, my point is that people like to see there stats so on a b3 server you can write !xlrstats, etc. so thats why we should have it up for 1 week and see. if i'm wrong then you can shit talk me all you want, and say you were right. If i'm right i get a cupcake with a candle on top.
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:59 pm

?I'm not shit talking you. I'm voicing my opinion like you did. I respect your opinion, but in mine, it's a waste of money. We would be paying money when we don't even know if it would get more players on it. and we would be paying extra money just for the pleasure of someone to type !xlrstats...
Back to top Go down
x Legion

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Guys, do some research please.  This is also an auto admin bot, that auto kicks people for certain reasons that you set it to.  This if for the servers that are popular and don't always have an admin at hand.  So you both really have a point.  We won't always have an admin online and our servers seem to be picking up, but on the other hand, are there enough to justify us (Rocker) paying for it?

And yeah, I guess it does have the extra features of holding player stats for them to compare against on our servers, but in that sense I agree with Super that it's not enough to pay for it just for that reason.

Just see how our servers go for a while, we've got plenty of admins, usually always at least 1 available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

server rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: server rules   server rules Empty

Back to top Go down

server rules
Page 1 of 1