Deadly Viper Assassination Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're called deadly for a reason.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DVAS 1.6 servers

Go down 
+9
Rocker
**Mike**
jUZE
hedgy
datis
Dxa
Ratchet
Hullu
$uperMaN
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:57 am

Hey guys! From my observations, the server numbers have been down. Usually, the servers are full but since the new maps have been added, not as many people have been on. I don't quite get this, as who wouldn't want to play on new maps? But I don't know. Also, as this was mentioned a few weeks ago, the Search and Destroy server and the other DVAS Mixed server haven't really been that active. I think that it would be good to change at least one of these servers if that would be okay and we could have a clan vote to see what to change it to. Of course, this is Rocker's decision, I'm just trying to make ideas from observations that I have taken. Post what you think and what you have observed. 
~TheOnly$uperMaN~
Back to top Go down
Hullu

Hullu

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah, those have been empty for quite long time. I think that people don't come to promod because it hasn't worked for them so if it works now they haven't tried to join because there's no players.
I don't know about S&D and mixed but those seem very empty.
What I've heard is that people who played at ktfo S&D (which is now gone) would play if there was a server to play on. So would it be good idea to turn mixed to softcore S&D? I'd play propably alot there.
Back to top Go down
Ratchet

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Hullu wrote:
I think that people don't come to promod because it hasn't worked for them so if it works now they haven't tried to join because there's no players.
Couldn't agree with you more. We should remove the maps and try to make our server popular again. I know it was a big business to get them running, but an empty server isn't useful at all. Some people still have some problems with downloading the maps. OK, we could help each other here on forum to fix that problem, but we can't help our guests.

Now the BSC server plays a big role here on 1.6.(Not that I am against them, no. They are friendly.) After RaW decided to turn off their promod server, DVAS had the chance to deliver other people the most popular promod-server on 1.6. And yeah then it was the most popular one. It would be a shame if our server keeps being empty. Same goes for Mixed and SnD server. It was already discussed on other threads, but now we really should do something or it is a waste of money for those who are paying.
Back to top Go down
Dxa
Admin
Admin
Dxa

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:35 pm

BSC server sucks, it is located at poland and I got a fucking huge lag spike at their server and the ping is higher than normal at there (ofc they cry it is my connection and say "fix you internet" -.-').

And what comes to activity, I think ppl is having fun outside (you guys should do) and spend time with family in holiday trips. So there might not be that much players atm online.

It might help our promod, if there is more than 2 DVAS playing at the same time, you should go to our. So ppl see it works again and start using it...
Back to top Go down
datis

datis

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 am

The promod server is empty because you don't play there. I've loved shantytown, but comms still isn't working out for me. If there are 2 DVAS members online, communicate and join the server. People will join.

The only reason why people aren't playing on the server is that it's empty. 

Besides fixing comms, I don't see a problem in this. Dxa is right about activity, and we top that by not playing on our server either.
Back to top Go down
hedgy

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 pm

the new maps got problems like i could play on the new maps but after the latest update i cant play anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
jUZE

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 pm

played shantytown last night, it is not completely shit but you just have too many ways of getting to A or B, which is undefendable.

As for the server itself, when i connect, i have to download the promodlive211 files. it does and then gets stuck. I have to reconnect in order for me to actually get on the server. Note that I already had promodlive211 in my mod file
Back to top Go down
**Mike**

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:40 pm

I would suggest try making a public 1.7 server. I was in another clan before this one and everyone updates their cod4 to the fullest so its 1.7 not 1.6 (If it is like this with them then it is like it with everyone else who likes the newer version rather than the older one) ...and by buying through steam it force updates it to 1.7 so they cant play 1.6 at all neither 1.0. Just try it out, I can agree to you that it will have more players in it because it is easy access to the steam buyers and others who don't like 1.6 at all. found it really hard to find the 1.6 patch, I can imagine how hard it will be for people who don't know where to get it. On the other side 1.7 has easier access which might get more people into the server thus populating them. Sorry if I'm just coming in here and giving orders. It is just a suggestion. 

Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
datis

datis

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Dear Mike, 

1.7 sucks. While I don't think your idea is bad or that you said something wrong there, you aren't the first to think of this. Instead of posting about this, you could discuss it with admins. I know you're just trying to help, but things are the way they are for a reason. We got this under control.
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Dxa
Admin
Admin
Dxa

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Like what Datis said and:

1.7 already have many servers and that why if we do 1.7 server it will lost in mass, and there is alot server with 0 players. Many off us does play both pathes. Like myself, I got 1.6 and 1.7, when there is no player on 1.6, I play 1.7. We have had alot scrims/mixes at 1.7.

There is just no point to make 1.7 servers and we have talked alot about it. We do have closed 1.7 promod server, where we can do scrims/mixes and train/play with friends/clan members.

In one sentence:
We just like more 1.6, but we do play 1.7 also.
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Agreed times 2. Well stated Dxa
Back to top Go down
**Mike**

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Yeah true, but, if you single yourself out with only 1.6, DVAS wont grow bigger. IF DVAS does make more servers it will increase the amount of members and maybe players to populate them. If we have the correct amount of members populating them, they will supply themselves. STG, my older clan that I was in, they did they same, they singled themselves to only 1.0 and nothing else so later on members wanted to play 1.6, the admins and leaders said no so the rest of clan was banned or left because the couldn't play the games they wanted to. I don't want DVAS to turn out like STG.

More servers > more players > more members > those members or players donating to keep the server running IF it works out.

Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
Dxa
Admin
Admin
Dxa

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:04 pm

**Mike** wrote:
Yeah true, but, if you single yourself out with only 1.6, DVAS wont grow bigger. IF DVAS does make more servers it will increase the amount of members and maybe players to populate them. If we have the correct amount of members populating them, they will supply themselves. STG, my older clan that I was in, they did they same, they singled themselves to only 1.0 and nothing else so later on members wanted to play 1.6, the admins and leaders said no so the rest of clan was banned or left because the couldn't play the games they wanted to. I don't want DVAS to turn out like STG.

More servers > more players > more members > those members or players donating to keep the server running IF it works out.

Thank you for reading.

Like I said we are NOT only 1.6 clan. But 1.6 is our main patch what we play, it is like our "home world". We can play what patch we want, but only under the DVAS -tag (always wear your tag and be proud of it). And what comes about more members, it isnt always better, I have seen (from other games) that some clan just want as many member as they can get = the clan will fall in some time, too big clan have many problems. And as a cod clan, we dont need that many member to play mach (5v5), so it is better to let in only those ppl we like (like we have done sofar). So far we have get almost every day applyies to join us and we are prety big already (20-40 active and double that non actibe players).

We are already the strongest clan at 1.6, so we have started to conquest 1.7 scriming/mixing at there and that is the best way to do it. Pub server only brings our name out, but not our "skill" (Idk how to else say that).

It would be nice to have pub server at 1.7, but there is just no reason. There is alot servers already and more are empty than full...

No offence rendeer
Back to top Go down
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:20 pm

**Mike** wrote:

Thank you for reading.
First off, you said that if we make more servers we will get more members. Well, we have a good amount of members. Also, if we went on 1.7 there would be more room for people to screw up and not obey the rules of the clan. (i.e.) Mixing without clan-tags. More peopel could leave too. If we as a clan feel like we should move to 1.7, we will but right now, I think that it is safe to say we are comfartable on 1.6. Also, we already have 3 servers on 1.6 and 1 on 1.6. I don't think anyone has a problem with being on 1.6 as also if we moved to 1.7, the server wouldn't be as populated because there are 1000+ servers on 1.7. 
Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
**Mike**

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Yeah ^^ Just giving pointers Smile and thank you for replying.
Back to top Go down
Dxa
Admin
Admin
Dxa

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 am

Sorry if I have been little aggressive, but tryed to answer as friendly I could. We have thought this 1.7 alot and I appreciate your offer/thoughts. Thanks for them Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocker

Rocker

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:22 am

kk so first of all i want sabotage hc back instead of the mixed server! callme sentimental but that was this clans first server and idc if it's empty alot ! it's like every other mode in this game : if you start playing with 2/3 players ppl will join! look @ that polish clan sab server it's almost everytime full and you have lots of lags there. for s&d we can try to make it softcore if you guys prefer that but than again there are on 1.6 more s&d sc servers than hc !
i know this will be a big shock for some of you but i rather kill the promod server than the sab/s&d servers. sorry but that's the way it is...
now if you guys want another server pls tell me and i will seriously think it over but don't come with the "bright idea" for a snipers only or a knife only server.
now for the 1.6/1.7 i rather stay big on 1.6 than fade away on 1.7 but that is just my personal opinion. if the DVAS members want we can make some kind of a poll over that matter but it's like dxa said; most members can play both patches allready so what's the problem?
it's just you guys need to think things over before start discussing it on the forum, i remember the discussion about the mixed server and everybody wanted that because they would play more on the mixed server instead of the sab. still strange to me than that's it's most of the time empty! don't forget : for every change legion needs to put work into the change!!!
Back to top Go down
https://dvas-forum.forumotion.com
$uperMaN

$uperMaN

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 2:52 am

I completely respect your decision Rocker but I would like to know, why would you rather kill the promod server which is fairly active, than the other mixed or S&D server which aren't active as much?
Back to top Go down
x Legion

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 2:53 am

Nah, don't worry about the work for me part. I only ask that you're patient with me sometimes. ^^  I know I say I'll get things done by a set date and then miss that deadline by quite a bit, but lately things just keep coming up and when I am free, I forget and start playing games. >_< So sorry about that.

As for any other changes that will need to be made. I should have some time off next week. I'll try and get them done on Monday if that's alright. ^^
Back to top Go down
Xanatos
Co-leader
Co-leader
Xanatos

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 am

Superman, the answer is quite simple: Rocker sucks at promod and everytime he tries to play it, he just ends up raging. ;D

What comes to the mixed server, I guess I would've played on it if it was softcore, HC is just boring (41-2 @ Creek HC FFA; Slide can confirm, she raged). But since I have played less and less on public servers lately, I don't know if I would be there much anymore.

Yet again, I'd like to see us having 2 promod servers. Then we could remove the custom maps from the current one and I guess it would be populated again and have the custom maps on the other server. Either the other promod server is a new one or changed from one of the HC servers, it's up to Rocker ;D

My two cents

Cheers
Back to top Go down
**Mike**

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 11:31 am

Agreed Wink
Back to top Go down
Slide <3
Admin
Admin
Slide <3

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 12:19 am

Xanatos wrote:
41-2 @ Creek HC FFA; Slide can confirm, she raged
 I DIDN'T RAGE !!! I've been a bit annoyed, that's all...
But yeah he had a great score,and I think we should get sab back ...
Back to top Go down
Hullu

Hullu

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:06 am

There's not alot of SC S&D where people play because there's actually 1 server where people play... KoS's. Many players would change from there to european server because less lagg (horrible pings there). I've been asked why we haven't made one.
Back to top Go down
jUZE

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 12:01 pm

I was on your promod server yesterday. After one map, everyone who was on there had left already. Most of them were DVAS members. Now I don't know if that is because of me, granted I can be a bit abusive when annoyed but i did not abuse anyone and yet I can only play one map before everyone leaves on your server.

This polish server is not that bad, yes I have a ping of 48 put atleast there are players there that stay for more than one map.
Some negatives though
-players there are worse than on DVAS
- nothing but polish jibberjabber
- kill someone two times in a row, get called a cheater and abused in polish

So for the love of god, play on your server and STAY until there are atleast 7 players on cause since out of 4, 2 leave. The two others will get bored of 1v1 pretty fast
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DVAS 1.6 servers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVAS 1.6 servers   DVAS 1.6 servers Empty

Back to top Go down

DVAS 1.6 servers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next